Need Bed Bug Treatment in Austin, TX?
Bed bugs are a huge problem for Central Texas. Bed bug infestation can be in both commercial and residential areas. As an expert pest management family-based Austin company, we inform clients that treating bed bugs properly the first time is essential because if not treated properly, there remains a high chance that they could come back.
Thermal Remediation® from TEMP-AIR
Absolute Pest Management is happy to bring its new and existing clients Thermal Remediation® which is an exciting new treatment for bed bugs. Thermal Remediation® uses temperatures between 120-135 fahrenheit to safely and effectively kill bed bugs in your home. This is the most effective way to treat a bed bug infestation while reducing the use of insecticides. For more information about this amazing new treatment call us today to set up a free consultation.
A key to making sure you never have a serious problem with these pests is to educate yourself as to their appearance, behavior and indicators of their presence.
How to Identify Bed Bugs
- Bed bugs are small, brownish insects with flat, oval shaped bodies
- They have six legs
- Short golden hair
- Two antennae
- Young bed bugs can be no bigger than a pinhead or even detectable by the naked eye.
- They feed on the blood of mammals, including humans.
- Their name comes from their tendency to live between mattresses and feed on bed occupants at night.
- Bed bugs don’t fly, but move quickly over floors, walls, and ceilings.
Signs that Bed Bugs are Present
- First sign of a bed bug infestation is the appearance of small brownish or reddish dots on bed linens and mattresses. (bed bug droppings and blood spots)
- Heavy infestations may result in an odor or described as “buggy” or sweetish melling.
- Bed bugs feed on any bare skin exposed while sleeping (face, neck, shoulders, arms, hands, etc)
Where do Bed Bugs Hide
- Small, brownish insects with flat, oval shaped bodies.
- Wood trim
- Electrical boxes and outlets
- Behind wallpaper and picture frames
How do Bed Bugs Invade a Home
- Because bed bugs readily hide in small crevices, they may accompany (as stowaways) luggage, furniture, clothing, pillows, boxes, and other such objects when these are moved between apartments, homes and hotels
- Used furniture, particularly bed frames and mattresses, are of greatest risk of harboring bed bugs and their eggs
Concerns About Bed Bugs
A common concern with bed bugs is whether they transmit diseases. Although bed bugs can harbor pathogens in their bodies, transmission to humans is considered highly unlikely. For this reason, bed bugs are not considered a serious disease threat. Their medical significance is mainly limited to the itching and inflammation from bed bug bites. The usual treatment prescribed is topical application of antiseptic or antibiotic creams or lotions to prevent infection.
Bed Bug Inspection
Contact Absolute Pest Management today for a free bed bug inspection and to discuss if Thermal Remdiation from TEMP-AIR is for you.
Bed Bug Control
In Austin, bed bug control is often a problem. Bed Bug Elimination can be taken car of with bed bug exterminators. Absolute is your go-to company for beg bugs control. Removing and controlling a bed bug population usually takes an exterminator, extermination, or a bug terminator. Getting rid of bed bugs in Austin takes a professional.